Aon Hewitt partnered with a state owned entity to increase manager capability and effectiveness.
With a change in leadership, and following the company’s first ever employee engagement survey, the client needed to:
- drive engagement improvement through people managers
- increase the low perception levels of manager support and effectiveness
- improve overall manager capability to drive better business results.
Aon Hewitt partnered with the client to:
- custom design four workshops focusing on core manager skills such as career coaching and performance feedback while using client relevant scenarios as the basis of learning
- facilitate a total of 20 Aon Hewitt led development workshops and worked with the client on the rollout of specific communications to ensure focus and support to managers in applying skills
- ensure employees had deep and meaningful learnings; participants moved through the modules in hierarchy based team, each session identified action learning activities that took place between modules and were reviewed in subsequent sessions
- develop manager KPIs to further reinforce behaviour change.
After implementing Aon Hewitt’s solutions, the client achieved:
- an increase in manager support scores by a minimum of 15% on each area covered in training, with some increasing by 30% which demonstrated greater employee buy-in
- higher levels employee rated manager effectiveness.