Few sectors have seen as much change in recent years as the Care, Advocacy and Social Services sector. A new funding model, increased demand and new market entrants have combined to put significant pressure on recruiting and retaining the people organisations need to continue to deliver their valuable services. As a sector that is highly diverse and constantly changing, organisations operating in the Community, Advocacy and Social Services industry can be deeply challenged when it comes to setting competitive and sustainable remuneration and rewards.
This Aon report can help you. It is the largest and most comprehensive survey in Australia to cover for-purpose (NFPs) and for-profit organisations in the care and community services industry. Providing in-depth insights and unmatched data, the report is specifically tailored for the unique and broad spectrum of remuneration needs for organisations within this space.
What’s more, this report is the ideal complement to the award rates published by Fair Work every year, as a source of imperative remuneration benchmarking data for non-award employees. An undeniably valuable tool for employers in this dynamic industry, the Community, Advocacy and Social Services Remuneration Report is not to be missed.
Unmatched Survey Scale
Complete Remuneration Intelligence
All Aon surveys are designed to help decision-makers set pay with confidence across numerous rewards elements. Key remuneration details available include:
- Base Salary
- Benefits (cars, insurance, other benefits etc.)
- Value of FBT-Exempt Benefits
- Fixed Remuneration
- Total Employment Cost
Hundreds of Jobs Available
Our team is exclusively focused on supporting companies operating in highly-competitive markets for talent. The Community, Advocacy and Social Services Report includes the following key job families:
- Community Services
- Accommodation (aged care and assistant living)
- Programs e.g. reach out programs
Key Survey Features
When you participate in an Aon Remuneration Report, you gain access to numerous standard and custom reporting tools, all of which are updated with new data upon each release either annually or bi-annually, as well as a host of additional benefits. Features include:
- Online, 24/7 access to survey results through Aon’s renowned, market-leading Data Centre. The functionality allows for: filtering of survey data, combining market filters (such as revenue and industry); unlimited peer cuts; ageing data; reports showing your position to market; non-standard percentile calculations; custom/combined positions; position descriptions and bulk data.
- Comprehensive coverage, with data on all major elements of the remuneration package; salary values and benefits as well as historical coverage of actual salary movements (with reports from the past five years available) and forecasts for the coming year.
- Invitation to participate in other qualitative reports that provide access to quantitative and qualitative information, supporting the review and design of total reward programs.
- The option to submit data once a year at a time that suits you, with a single data capture document, as well as the support of a dedicated remuneration analyst, who can assist with submitting your data and interpreting report results.
- Invitation to remuneration forum that allows for robust discussions and the critical evaluation of data findings and market trends, while networking with industry peers.