An Australian transport company with national operations engaged Aon Hewitt to review the structure of their national workers’ compensation arrangement.
The client sought to:
- manage increasing workers’ compensation costs
- design a sustainable management solution for the workers’ compensation team.
Aon Hewitt partnered with the client to:
- review the overall performance of the workers’ compensation function, together with the team’s interactions and performance measures
- design a new organisation structure with every position being redefined, with skills, reporting lines and functionality identified
- design and implement new performance measures relative to the business and its objectives
- implement a review of the team’s financial performance, once the correct organisation and management structure was in place
- assess viability of the company moving to a self-insured environment.
After implementing Aon Hewitt’s solutions, the client achieved:
- savings in excess of $6.25m pa (over $25m in a four year period) through self-insurance
- significant increases in profit and a positive impact on cash flow
- a new, efficient organisation structure implemented to ensure the company’s future success.