Aon Hewitt partnered with a large, national multi-site employer to reduce their people risk costs.
The client was facing ever increasing workplace risk expenses which were unsustainable. The main issues they had were:
- significant liability issues for workers’ compensation, group insured employee benefits including income protection and public liability claims
- parts of their insurance program and costs were untenable and they were seeking an innovative solution
- fragmented approach to managing their existing safety, workers’ compensation, income protection insurance and public liability programs.
Aon Hewitt partnered with the client to:
- integrate the approach to safety and injury management across income protection insurance, workers’ compensation and public liability
- build a new sustainable framework for their self-insurance program
- redesign and implement a new management information system
- prepare strategy papers on benchmarking best practice on the key issues and operation manuals.
After implementing Aon Hewitt’s solutions, the client achieved:
- savings in excess of $20m after driving the injury management change strategy
- a reduction in income protection insurance premiums by $2.7m
- reduced workers’ compensation liabilities in one jurisdiction by $2m
- significant savings and innovative solutions in income protection insurance, workers’ compensation insurance and Excess of Loss program.